PNP custodial center head relieved for molesting Parojinog

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan

October 9, 2020, 2:44 pm

<p>Former Ozamiz City vice mayor Nova Princess Parojinog. <em>(File photo)</em></p>

Former Ozamiz City vice mayor Nova Princess Parojinog. (File photo)

MANILA – The chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) Custodial Service Unit has been placed under restrictive custody after he was charged for sexually assaulting former Ozamiz City vice mayor Nova Princess Parojinog who is detained at the facility.

In a press statement on Friday, PNP spokesperson, Col. Ysmael Yu said Lt. Col. Jigger Noceda is charged with rape, acts of lasciviousness, unjust vexation, and a violation of the Safe Spaces Act filed by the PNP Women and Children Protection Center (WCPC) based on the affidavit submitted by Parojinog.

The charges were filed before the Quezon City Prosecutors' Office on Wednesday.

“He will be administratively held and inquired. The Chief PNP strongly stresses that this act is not a virtue of police being responsible, respected, and disciplined. It will be dealt with accordingly,” Yu said.

Parojinog was detained at the PNP Custodial Center, which is managed by Noceda, on drug and illegal possession of firearms charges following the raid by the police in their residence in July 2017.

Her father, then Ozamiz City mayor Reynaldo Parojinog and at least 14 others were killed during the raid.

Based on her three-page affidavit, Parojinog said she was sexually assaulted by Noceda in two instances -- on June 9 and on September 7.

She said on June 9, Noceda called her to his office after she asked, through a letter, when they will be allowed to accept visitors since the government has relaxed its anti-coronavirus disease protocols.

Parojinog said the official informed her that they can already accept visitors and in fact, her daughter is already waiting for her in the visiting area.

However, she said before she stepped out of the office, Noceda asked if they can take a “selfie.”

She said Noceda then pushed her off against the wall and kissed her.

Parojinog said she was shocked with what Noceda did and immediately walked out of the room.

She went on to see her daughter, told her what happened, and instructed her to immediately call for their lawyers.

On September 7, Parojinog said she again requested to talk to Noceda about any possible court orders which she should be aware of.

When she stood up and was about to leave after their discussion, she said Noceda also stood up and again pushed her off the wall and touched her private parts.

She said Noceda told her that no one would listen to her even if she screams for help nor he will be fired even if she filed a complaint.

Parojinog said the official also asked her if she can still get pregnant.

She was able to free herself from Noceda by telling him that someone can see them through the windows.

Parojinog said she reported the incidents to PNP officials which prompted an investigation.

She said on September 26, Noceda pleaded for her to retract her complaints and promised that he will not let them see each other again and the official apologized for what he did.

(Sabi niya), 'Nakikiusap ako (Noceda) na i-deny mo 'yung letter at hindi na ako magpapakita sa iyo ulit'. Pero ang sabi ko ayokong i-deny kasi magmumukha akong sinungaling. Sumagot siya 'magpapa-relieve na lang ako. Sorry, hindi dapat ako nag take advantage sa sitwasyon mo'. Yan po ang binitawan niyang salita sa akin pagkatapos noon hindi ko na po siya nakita (He said 'I'm begging you to deny the letter and I will not appear before you again'. But I refused to deny because it would appear that I am a liar. He answered 'I would just request to be relieved. Sorry, I should have not taken advantage of your situation'. That's the last thing he told me and after that, I did not see him anymore)," Parojinog said in her sworn affidavit. (PNA)