MANILA – Police seized some eight assorted high-powered firearms, ammunition, and explosives from a female labor organizer's house in Sta. Rosa, Laguna on March 30.
Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) chief, Maj. Gen. Albert Ignatius Ferro, in a report released on March 31, identified the house owner as Maritess Santos David alias "Teacher Laly", a resident of No. 3275 Blk 2 Street, Oval Subdivision, Barangay Market Area, Sta Rosa, Laguna.
David, who reportedly has links to the Communist Party of the Philippine – New People’s Army (CPP-NPA), was not around when a search warrant was implemented for violations of Republic Act 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act), and Republic Act 9516 (Illegal Possession of Explosives), issued by Presiding Judge Charito M. Macalintal-Sawali of RTC Branch 66, Fourth Judicial Region in Tanauan Batangas.
Ferro said David, a known labor sector in Calabarzon, has direct links to members of Alyansa nang Manggagawang sa Enklabo (AMEN)), Pagkakaisa ng mga Manggagawa sa Timog Katagalugan (PAMANTIK ), Revolutionary Council Trade Union(RCTU), Organized Labor Association in Line industries and Agriculture (OLALIA), allegedly provides safe haven and arms stash for NPA hitmen known as Sparu Units.
The police operation was witnessed by barangay officials of the locality.
Seized from David’s house were: one M-1 .30 caliber carbine rifle with Serial Number (SN): 953078; one M-2 30cal carbine rifle w/ scope and silencer and w/o SN; one Bushmaster rifle with SN: L767622; one unit M-16 Elisco Rifle with defaced SN; one unit M-16 Colt AR-15 rifle with defaced SN; three .45 caliber pistols; nine long magazines for M-16 rifle; three short magazines for M-16 rifle; 530 rounds of M-16 ammunition; two magazines for a carbine rifle; 17 rounds of M-14 ammunition; three pieces of .45 caliber magazines; 21 rounds for .45 caliber pistol; holster for .45 caliber pistol; one suppressor for .45 caliber; nine M-203 grenades; one improvised anti-troop carrier mine; three improvised claymore mines; 15 pieces of improvised anti-personnel mine; one claymore mine; one roll detonating cord; 10 blasting caps; one claymore mine switch; 50 meters of claymore wire; one M-16 bandolier; one M-203 bandolier; one M-16 rifle bag; Samsung laptop with charger and case; four envelopes containing subversive documents; several subversive streamers.
Election materials for Kabataan Party-list Rep. Sara Elago and former Bayan Muna Party-list Rep Neri Colmenares were also found at David’s house.
Ferro said the confiscated subversive documents contain materials related to the armed anti-government activities of the CPP-NPA and National Democratic Front. (NDF), as follows:
* Dalawang Mahalagang Tungkuin Partido ng Maynila-Rizal;
* Intermedyang Kurso ng Partido (IKP);
* Pagbubuo ng Pambansang Nagkakaisang Prente;
* Istruktura ng mg Rekisito sa Pagbubuo ng Rebolusyonaryong Prente;
* Saligang Alyansa ng Uring Manggagawa at Magsasaka. Nagkakaisang Prente para sa Armadong Pakikibaka;
* Memo from NOC-NMC Para sa: ROC ng mga KR sa Pamamagitan ng KIKR (Pebrero 25, 2018);
* Pagbubuo ng Komprehensibong Organisasyong masa ng Kabataan (Augusto 2, 1998);
* Paglilinaw sa Ilang usapin sa hakbang-hakbang pag-oorganisa sa Kanayunan (Komiteng Tagapagpaganap ng Konite Sentral ng PKP (Septembre 2000);
* Angating paglalagom ng Paglubos ng IDKP sa Timog Katalugan;
* Mga Rebolusyong Militar na dapat mahigpit na panghawakan ng BHB;
* Ang 5 Taong Programa ng Johnson & Johnson;
* Mahahalagang Sipi sa Tungkulin ng Partido at Rebolusyonaryong Kilusan sa TK batay sa 5-taong Programa ng KR;
* Hinggil sa Mabilis na Pagpapalawak ng Baseng Masa at Partido KTKR MMR;
* Pahayag ng Pakikiisa ng Pagdiriwang ng ika-46 Anibersaryo ng Pagkakatatag ng Partido Komunista ng Pilipinas;
* Magkakasunod na taktikal na opensiba ng NPA-Laguna Tagumpay! Jaime “Ka Doego” Padilla Spokesperson NPA-Southern Tagalog (Melito Gior Command);
* Bayarin ng mga Sub-Rehiyon sa 50% Share sa Procurement ng Military Hardware;
* MEMO SIRKULAR ukol sa Pinakahuling Sitwasyong Militar sa Rehiyon at mga Tagubilin;
* PAMANTIK-KMU Press Release on Kontratwalisasyon, Labor only Contracting; and
* 12 Puntong Programa ng Pambansa-Demokrattikong Prente.
The CPP-NPA is listed as a terrorist organization by the United States, European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the Philippines (PNA)