MANILA – The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) continues to encourage all Filipinos, including illegal settlers on GSIS properties, to avail of the "Ginhawa for All Lease with Option to Buy" (GFAL LWOB) program in line with the government's call to ease the public's burden amid the Covid-10 pandemic.

GSIS Vice President for Real Estate Asset Disposition and Management Apollo Escarez said on Thursday that the GSIS policy states that illegal occupants on its properties should be sent with notice to vacate and be filed with ejectment.

But under GFAL LWOB program, Escarez said illegal settlers can now exercise their privilege to rent the properties of GSIS.

"Maaari po kayong mag-avail ng ganitong programa. Ipaalam niyo lang po sa GSIS na gusto niyo pong maging legal ang inyong paninirahan at gusto niyo pong pumasok sa arrangement na Lease with Option to Buy (You can avail this program. Just let the GSIS know that you want your stay to be legal and you want to enter the Lease with Option to Buy arrangement)," he said during an interview with Radyo Pilipinas.

Any Filipino citizen, under the program, can rent a GSIS property through a lease agreement which will be valid for one year, renewable at the option of GSIS.

Escarez said rental fees depend on the rental rate in the area where the property is located.

Anytime during the lease, he said, the renter can exercise the option to buy as long as the application is not beyond one month before the lease agreement expires.

"Pwede niyo pong sabihin sa GSIS na 'gusto ko tong bilhin at magkano ba?' Ang magiging presyo po ay kung ano ang market value ng property nung time na in-exercise niyo yung option (You can inform GSIS that you are interested to buy it and how much? The price will depend on the market value of the property during the time you exercised the option," he explained.

He said GFAL LWOB is also open to overseas Filipino workers.

"Kahit po bakante yung property, hindi po kayo naka-occupy pero nakita niyo at gusto ninyong upahan, pwede niyo rin pong applyan under Lease with Option to Buy (Even if the property is vacant, you are not an occupying it, and you are interested to rent, you can still apply under Lease with Option to Buy)," Escarez said.

He said anyone can avail of the program if the applicant can provide a government-issued identification card and proof of financial capability to pay for the monthly rentals. (PNA)