MANILA – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will abide by the Supreme Court’s temporary restraining order (TRO) that stopped the poll body from allowing former Comelec commissioner Rowena Guanzon to substitute as top nominee of P3PWD party-list.
Acting Comelec spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco confirmed that the Commission received the order Wednesday afternoon.
“This is to confirm the receipt of the Temporary Restraining Order issued by the Honorable Supreme Court in GR No. 261123 ‘Duterte Youth vs. the Comelec, the House of Representatives and P3PWD Party List’,” he said in a statement.
Laudiangco said the Comelec will file its comment on the SC’s order.
“Comelec will comply with the TRO and its directive to file comment. We will seek representation of the OSG (Office of the Solicitor General) as a matter of procedure,” he said.
Last week, the Comelec denied the verified opposition filed by Duterte Youth Party-list questioning the substitution of P3PWD Party-list nominees.
The Duterte Youth elevated the case to the high tribunal.
Earlier, the Comelec has allowed the substitution of the five nominees, where Guanzon is the party’s first nominee after it accepted the resignation of the original nominees of the organization. (PNA)