LEGAZPI CITY – The Commission on Elections in Albay (Comelec) has set up satellite registration sites in different barangays across the province.

In a radio interview Thursday, lawyer Aurea Bo-Bunao, Comelec-Albay provincial election supervisor, said the satellite registration centers will cater those who are already qualified to vote in the forthcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections.

The satellite registration will be held in Barangay Gogon on July 8 and in Barangay Cagbacong on July 9, all in this city.

The same voter registration was also scheduled in Barangay Cabasan, Barangay Namanday all in Bacacay town, and Polnagui town on July 9.

Bo-Bunao said Comelec also accepts applications for transfer, change/corrections of entries; inclusion of registration records and reinstatement of name on the list of voters; and transfer of records from a foreign port to a local one.

"For SK voters, at least 15 years old but not more than 30 years old and residing in the barangay for at least six months on or before the Dec. 5, 2022, SK elections," she said.

For regular voters, they should be at least 18 years old on or before the elections and a resident of the Philippines for at least one year and six months immediately preceding the polls.

In Sorsogon, similar satellite registration will also be conducted in selected areas.

Lawyer Karla Sincua Jerrera, Sorsogon City Election officer, in an interview on Thursday, said the satellite registration also aims to avoid congestion of registrants.

"We will go to the different barangays in the city to help speed up the registration and to accommodate more those who cannot go to the office because of the distance," Jerrera said.

Jerrera added that their office is open for voter registration Mondays to Saturdays and during holidays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. until July 23.

For those who need a change or correction in entries, they must bring a birth certificate if the record contains erroneous entries; a marriage contract or court order for a change of name because of marriage; and a certificate of no marriage for a change of status from married to single.

Valid identification cards are national ID, employee ID with the signature of the employee or authorized representative, postal ID, person with disability ID, and passport, among others. (PNA)