MANILA – More than half of the Philippines, including Metro Manila, will stay under the most lenient Alert Level 1, pending the review of the alert level classifications, Malacañang announced on Saturday.
This means the Marcos administration will retain the existing coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) alert levels until the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) makes a recommendation to implement a new alert level system.
The members of the IATF-EID are set to meet on July 18 to discuss the imposition of alert levels in the country, Press Secretary Trixie Cruz-Angeles said in a press statement.
"The status quo holds for our alert levels, which the IATF will be reviewing on Monday (July 18)," Cruz-Angeles said.
The announcement was made as the Covid-19 alert level status in the country was supposed to lapse on July 15.
Regarding the alert levels on Covid-19, the President will be conferring with Department of Health Officer in Charge Rosario Vergeire on Monday for any action to be taken.
Meanwhile, the IATF-EID will continue to monitor the status of the pandemic, Cruz-Angeles said in a separate statement.
A total of 85 of 121 provinces, highly urbanized cities (HUCs), independent component cities (ICCs), as well as 166 of 744 other component cities and municipalities, have been placed under Alert Level 1 from July 1 to 15.
Apart from Metro Manila, the following provinces, HUCs, and ICCs are currently under Alert Level 1:
• Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR): Abra, Apayao, Baguio City, Kalinga, and Mountain Province
• Region 1 (Ilocos): Dagupan City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, and Pangasinan
• Region 2 (Cagayan Valley): Batanes, Cagayan, City of Santiago, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino
• Region 3 (Central Luzon): Angeles City, Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Olongapo City, Pampanga, Tarlac, and Zambales
• Region 4-A (Calabarzon): Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Lucena City, and Rizal
• Region 4-B (Mimaropa): Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Princesa City, and Romblon
• Region 5 (Bicol): Albay, Catanduanes, Naga City, and Sorsogon
• Region 6 (Western Visayas): Aklan, Bacolod City, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, and Iloilo City
• Region 7 (Central Visayas): Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City (Opon), Mandaue City, and Siquijor
• Region 8 (Eastern Visayas): Biliran, Eastern Samar, Ormoc City, Southern Leyte, and Tacloban City
• Region 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula): Zamboanga City
• Region 10 (Northern Mindanao): Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro City, Camiguin, Iligan City, Misamis Occidental, and Misamis Oriental
• Region 11 (Davao region): Davao City and Davao Oriental
• Region 12 (Soccsksargen): South Cotabato
•Caraga: Butuan City, Surigao del Sur, and Agusan del Norte
• Bangsamoro Autonomous Region In Muslim Mindanao (BARMM): Cotabato City
The following component cities and municipalities are also under Alert Level 1:
• CAR: Buguias and Tublay in Benguet; and Kiangan, Lagawe (Capital), and Lamut in Ifugao
• Region 4-A (Calabarzon): Atimonan, Candelaria, City of Tayabas, Dolores, Lucban, Mauban, Pagbilao, Plaridel, Polillo, Quezon, Sampaloc, San Antonio, Tiaong, and Unisan in Quezon
• Region 4-B (Mimaropa): Calintaan, Looc, Lubang and RIzal in Occidental Mindoro; and Cagayancillo and Culion in Palawan
• Region 5 (Bicol): Basud, Capalonga, Daet (Capital), San Vicente and Talisay in Camarines Norte; Bombon, Cabusao, Camaligan, Caramoan, Goa, Iriga City, Pamplona, Pili (Capital), Presentacion (Parubcan,) San Fernando, San Jose and Tigaon in Camarines Sur; Balud, City of Masbate (Capital), and Mandaon in Masbate
• Region 6 (Western Visayas): Anini-Y, San Jose de Buenavista (Capital), Sebaste, and Tobias Fornier (Dao) in Antique; and Cadiz City, Candoni, City of Talisay, City of Victorias, Enrique B. Magalona (Saravia), La Carlota City, Pontevedra, Pulupandan, Sagay City, San Enrique and Valladolid in Negros Occidental
• Region 7 (Central Visayas): Batuan, Calape, Corella, Dimiao, Duero, Garcia Hernandez, Jagna, Lila, Loay, Loboc, Maribojoc, San Isidro, San Miguel, Sevilla, Sikatuna, and Tagbilaran City (Capital) in Bohol; Alcoy, Borbon, City of Talisay, Oslob, Pilar, Santander, and Tudela in Cebu; and Amlan (Ayuquitan), Bacong, Dauin, Dumaguete City (Capital), Valencia (Luzurriaga), and Zamboanguita in Negros Oriental
• Region 8 (Eastern Visayas): Albuera, City of Baybay, Dulag, Javier (Bugho), La Paz, Matag-Ob, Matalom, Palo, Tunga, and Villaba in Leyte; Allen, Capul, Lapinig, Lavezares, San Antonio, San Jose, and Victoria in Northern Samar; and Marabut, Pagsanghan, Paranas (Wright), Tarangnan, and Zumarraga in Western Samar
• Region 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula): Dapitan City, Dipolog City (Capital), Jose Dalman (Ponot), Labason, Manukan, Piñan (New Piñan), Polanco, Rizal, and Salug in Zamboanga del Norte; Kumalarang, Labangan, Lapuyan, Mahayag, Molave, and Ramon Magsaysay (Liargo) in Zamboanga del Sur; and Alicia, Buug, Diplahan, Ipil (Capital), Siay, and Tungawan in Zamboanga Sibugay
• Region 10 (Northern Mindanao): Bacolod, Baroy, Kauswagan, Lala, Linamon, and Tubod (Capital) in Lanao del Norte
• Region 11 (Davao region): Mawab, Montevista, Nabunturan (Capital), and New Bataan in Davao de Oro; and Padada in Davao del Sur
• Region 12 (Soccsksargen): Antipas, Arakan, City of Kidapawan (Capital), and President Roxas in North Cotabato; and City of Tacurong, Kalamansig, and Lebak in Sultan Kudarat
• Caraga: Cagdianao, Dinagat, Libjo (Albor), Loreto, and Tubajon in Dinagat Islands; and Claver, Dapa, General Luna, Mainit, and Tagana-An in Surigao del Norte
• BARMM: Bumbaran, Ditsaan-Ramain and Wao in Lanao del Sur; South Upi and Upi in Maguindanao; and Turtle Islands in Tawi-Tawi
Alert Level 2 status is implemented in the following areas:
• CAR: Benguet and Ifugao
• Region 4-A (Calabarzon): Quezon
• Region 4-B (Mimaropa): Occidental Mindoro and Palawan
• Region 5 (Bicol): Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Masbate
• Region 6 (Western Visayas): Antique and Negros Occidental
• Region 7 (Central Visayas): Bohol, Cebu, and Negros Oriental
• Region 8 (Eastern Visayas): Leyte, Northern Samar, and Samar (Western Samar)
• Region 9 (Zamboanga Peninsula): City of Isabela, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, and Zamboanga Sibugay
• Region 10 (Northern Mindanao): Lanao del Norte
• Region 11 (Davao region): Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and Davao Occidental
• Region 12 (Soccsksargen): Cotabato (North Cotabato), General Santos City (Dadiangas), Sarangani, and Sultan Kudarat
• Caraga: Dinagat Islands and Surigao del Norte
• BARMM: Basilan, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu, and Tawi-Tawi (PNA)