MANILA – Parts of Caloocan City and Quezon City will go waterless as the Maynilad Water Services, Inc. (Maynilad) on Saturday announced a water interruption due to its network maintenance from Jan. 17 to 23.
In its advisory, Maynilad said the maintenance activities are part of its continuous effort to improve water services in the West Zone.
From 11 p.m. of Jan. 17 to 4 a.m. of Jan. 18, the affected areas are Barangays 8, 12, 14, 16 and 18, specifically in Dagat-Dagatan corner Langaray; and Barangays 33 and 34, particularly in Estanislao; Barangay 151, specifically in Progreso corner Pangako; all in Caloocan City.
Also affected are the following areas:
- Barangay Mariblo from 10 p.m. of Jan. 17 to 6 a.m. of Jan. 18, particularly in De Vera corner Roosevelt; and Barangay Manresa, specifically in Banawe corner Del Monte; both in Quezon City.
- From 10 p.m. of Jan. 18 to 6 a.m. of Jan. 19, Barangay Gulod, particularly in Forest Hills; and Barangay Sta. Monica, specifically in Santiago; both in Quezon City.
- From 11 p.m. of Jan. 19 to 4 a.m. of Jan. 20, Barangay 148 in Caloocan City, particularly in Katarungan corner Reparo.
- From 10 p.m. of Jan. 19 to 6 a.m. of Jan. 20, Barangay Baesa, specifically in Howmart corner EDSA; and Barangays Balingasa, Damayan, Katipunan and Pag-ibig sa Nayon; particularly in A. Bonifacio corner Old Balingasa; all in Quezon City.
- Barangay 162 in Caloocan City from 11 p.m. of Jan. 21 to 4 a.m. of Jan. 22, specifically in Tullahan corner Petron.
- From 10 p.m. of Jan. 20 to 6 a.m. of Jan. 21, Barangays Dona Imelda Marcos, Dona Josefa Marcos and Maharlika, particularly in Quezon Avenue corner D. Tuazon (West/East); and Barangay Tatalon, specifically in Quezon Avenue corner Tuayan; all in Quezon City.
- Barangays San Isidro Labrador and Santa Teresita in Quezon City will be affected from 10 p.m. of Jan. 21 to 6 a.m. of Jan. 22, particularly in Nicanor corner Iba.
- From 10 a.m. of Jan. 22 to 6 a.m. of Jan. 23, Barangays Bahay Toro and Sangandaan, specifically in Auditing; Barangays A. Samson and Lourdes, particularly in Oliveros; all in Quezon City.
The affected customers were advised to store enough water for the duration of the water interruption.
There will be water tankers on standby and ready to deliver water to affected areas when necessary. (PNA)