CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga – The Department of Education-3 (Central Luzon) on Thursday assured that preparations are in place to ensure the smooth and orderly opening of classes in the region on Aug. 29.
DepEd-3 information officer Michelle Capat Lacson, in a radio interview, said all the necessary preparations to address the needs of the teachers and learners are being undertaken with the support and help of the department’s partner agencies, both in the public and private sectors as well as other stakeholders.
“The DepEd-Central Luzon is all ready for Aug. 29 school opening. To our parents, if you have any issues and concerns, our Oplan Balik Eskwela-Public Assistance Command Center is prepared. We want to ensure that we will do our best to resolve all the issues and concerns relative to the school opening,” Lacson said.
She said although there are schools still submerged in flood, government agencies and local government units are exerting efforts to ease the problem before school opening.
To date, seven schools, mostly in Macabebe town, are still under water.
“There are other schools that are still flooded. But, DepEd-Pampanga, together with other education stakeholders is taking steps to address the problem. Hopefully, we are praying that all our schools are available for our learners to feel that they are indeed going back to school starting next week,” Lacson added.
DepEd-3 data showed that as of Aug. 22, the number of enrollees in public, private and state universities and colleges/local universities and colleges (SUCs/LUCs) in the region is 1,926,844.
Of the total figure, 1,690,107 are in public schools; 234,643 in private, and 2,094 in SUCs/LUCs.
The projected number of enrollees in public schools in the region is 2,568,490, which is 2.33 percent higher than last year’s turnout of 2,510,023.
The last day of enrollment is on Aug. 26. (PNA)