MANILA -- Caritas Manila’s Damay Kapanalig Marawi Telethon has raised more than PHP1 million in cash and non-cash donations to help the people of Marawi rebuild their war-torn city.
“As of 5:50 p.m. of Nov. 8, Caritas Manila, the social arm of the Archdiocese of Manila, through your generosity, has raised PHP883,154.45 cash donations and PHP136,480 worth of in-kind donations for the recovery and rehabilitation of Marawi,” Caritas Manila executive director Fr. Anton Pascual said in a statement.
Pascual expressed his gratitude to the people who supported the project, and those who gave their time, resources and effort to raise funds to help the city rise up.
“I want to express my utmost appreciation to all the people who extended their love and attention to Marawi through our Damay Kapanalig Telethon. We are most grateful that we could help the war-stricken families and individuals to be happier and with hope. Let us keep pouring our support for Marawi to bring back the smiles on the faces of their children,” Pascual added.
He said donations could still be made by calling 925-7931 to 39, 563-9311 or 562-0020 to 25, or online via http://ushare.unionbankph.com/caritas/ or by bank deposit:
- Banco De Oro - Savings Account No.: 5600-45905;
- Bank of the Philippine Islands - Savings Account No.: 3063-5357-01;
- Metrobank - Savings Account No.: 175-3-17506954-3.
For dollar accounts:
- Bank of the Philippine Islands - Savings Account No. 3064-0033-55 (Swift Code - BOPIPHMM); or
- Philippine National Bank - Savings Account No. 10-856-660002-5 (Swift Code - PNBMPHMM).