5. The Site and Services provide you with opportunities to link to, or otherwise use, sites and services offered through or by third party sources. Your use of these third party services is subject to terms posted by these third parties. We have no control over any third party site or service and we are not responsible for changes to any third party service or for the contents thereof, including, without limitation, links that may be contained in or accessible through such third party service. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these third party sites or services. Our inclusion of advertisements for, or links to, a third party site or service does not constitute an endorsement.
About Our Services
6. All Services and the Site are provided on an “AS IS WHERE IS” basis. NIB-PNA makes no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, to the extent permitted by law: (a) as to the use, security, accuracy, reliability, non-infringement, satisfactory quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Site; or (b) that the use of the Site will be uninterrupted and free of viruses or bugs.
7. In no event shall NIB-PNA or any of its affiliates or related corporations be liable for any loss, injury, damage, claim, cost, or expense of any kind arising from any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful elements, communication line failure, breach of contract, tort, negligence, defamation, copyright infringement, breach of intellectual property right, or any other cause of action.
8. All content and materials on the Site are the exclusive property of PNA-NIB or its content suppliers, and may be downloaded or printed for your own personal and non-commercial use only of not more than five (5) articles/photos per day. In case of commercial use, the reproduction, publication, and use of the news articles shall only be made with the written consent of NIB-PNA. PNA subscription is suggested for the commercial use of more than five (5) articles/photos per day. https://www.pna.gov.ph/subscription
All copyright notices on downloaded or printed material must be retained. The link to the article or photo shall be included in the content of any reprinted material. Save as specifically permitted here, you may not reproduce, distribute, republish, repost, modify, transmit, make available to the public, adapt, create a derivative work, or otherwise use or exploit any content on the Site in any way or for any purpose. In addition, you may not distribute or make available any part of the Site over any other website or any network. PNA stories and photos shared on Social Media should be done from the PNA website.
9. All news articles which were syndicated from NIB-PNA’s foreign news partners shall not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, reposted, modified, transmitted, made available to the public, adapted, created derivative work, or otherwise used or exploited on the Site in any way or for any other purpose.
10. In case any of the news articles belonging to the NIB-PNA or any of its authors, reporters, news writers, or contributors are republished or used for distribution for commercial purposes by other media entities and or members of the media, the byline of the stories shall remain with the NIB-PNA and to its authors, reporters, news writers, or contributors. All the time, proper attribution to the PNA-NIB or its authors, reporters, news writers, or contributors shall be observed and respected.
11. The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos (the “Trade Marks“) displayed on the Site are registered or unregistered Trade Marks of NIB-PNA, its affiliates, or licensors. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any such Trade Marks. NIB-PNA prohibits use of the Trade Marks as a “hot” link or in-link to any NIB-PNA site or other site unless the establishment of such a link is approved in advance by NIB-PNA in writing.
Submission of Contributions
12. NIB-PNA may provide facilities on the Site to permit you to submit any contribution including but not limited to any text, graphics, video, and/or audio content, and other materials or information (“Submissions”) to PNA-NIB or to the Site directly. You are solely responsible for your own Submissions, and PNA-NIB only acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of your Submissions.
13. By submitting your Submissions, you agree as follows:
(a) You will not include any content in your Submissions that is or could be unlawful, defamatory, offensive, obscene, dangerous, or false; or any content that is protected by copyright or other intellectual property right, without first obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rights-holder; or any content that contains viruses, bugs, or other harmful elements.
(b) You hereby grant to NIB-PNA a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free and sub-licensable right and license to use and exercise all copyright and publicity rights you have in your Submissions in any media and for any purpose.
(c) You will not assume a false identity or the identity of another user when using the Site, and you will not use the Site for unlawful or illegal activities including but not limited to spamming, harassing, or otherwise causing distress to other users.
14. NIB-PNA shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Submissions contributed to the Site, including chat rooms and forums. NIB-PNA shall have the right to remove or delete any material that the PNA, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of these terms or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate without having to assign any reason therefor. In addition, PNA shall have the right to terminate your use of the Site if it believes that you have violated these terms or for any other reason whatsoever, without notice to you.
15. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed, and/or processed by NIB-PNA (collectively “NIB-PNA ”) for the following purposes:
(a) For NIB-PNA or its designated representatives or business partners to provide services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
(b) To verify and process payment when you purchase services from NIB-PNA.
(c) For verification and record of your personal particulars, including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
(d) For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(e) To send you notices, information, promotions, and updates, including marketing and advertising materials in relation to NIB-PNA’s services and those of third party organizations selected by NIB-PNA.
(f) To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offense or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
(a) NIB-PNA collecting, using, disclosing, and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in Clause 13 above;
If you have questions relating to NIB-PNA’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data, please contact PNA-NIB’s Data Protection Officer.
17. Where you subscribe for any service on the Site that relates to any advertisement or other similar services, as a buyer, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that the Site acts as a venue only and NIB-PNA is not responsible for the reliability, accuracy, or truthfulness of any information that is posted by other users.
18. You agree to defend and hold NIB-PNA, its affiliates, and related corporations from and against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees on an indemnity basis, arising out of your use of the Site or any breach of these terms. In addition, NIB-PNA may use whatever information that is available about you to stop any such breach or any unlawful or inappropriate use of the Site, including informing any third party PNA-NIB deems appropriate to inform of such breach or use, and/or disclosing your personal information to such third party.
19. If any of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such term shall be struck out and the remaining terms shall be enforced. Any failure to act by NIB-PNA with respect to any breach by you or others of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions does not waive NIB-PNA’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
20. You hereby agree and acknowledge:
(a) that all electronic communications made pursuant to the use of this Site shall be given legal effect, validity, and enforceability, and shall have, between the parties thereto, comparable evidential value to that accorded to a signed written document;
(b) not to contest the legally binding nature, validity, or enforceability of any transaction on the Site on the ground that it was entered into electronically.
21. These terms shall be governed by the law of the Republic of the Philippines and any dispute arising out of the use of the Site shall be referred to Philippine courts.