MANILA – The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has ordered the transfer of the 10 EMBO (enlisted men's barrio) barangays, formerly under Makati City, to the jurisdiction of its Taguig City field office.
In a three-page memorandum circular dated Oct. 26 and made public Wednesday, Interior Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr. said the order is in line with the succeeding activities to be implemented following the assumption of the new sets of village and youth officials who won in the Oct. 30 polls.
Abalos said this also follows the move of other government agencies that had earlier transferred their operations in the 10 barangays from the city of Makati to Taguig, including the Commission on Elections (Comelec) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
This is in compliance with the Supreme Court's final ruling stating that the entire Fort Bonifacio and 10 barangays of Makati City -- Cembo, Comembo, East Rembo, Pembo, Pitogo, Post Proper Northside, Post Proper Southside, Rizal, South Cembo and West Rembo -- are part of Taguig City.
Aside from transferring all DILG programs, projects and activities of these barangays, Abalos also ordered the DILG National Capital Region (NCR) to furnish DILG Taguig the reports of the 10 barangays on the conduct of line inventory and turnover of the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan properties, financial records, documents and money accountabilities.
He also tasked the NCR office to ensure that the reports and documents required from the new sets of Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan officials of these barangays, such as the Barangay Official’s Information Sheet (BOIS), oath of office and other related reports, are submitted to DILG Taguig.
The DILG-NCR was also ordered to provide technical assistance to the 10 barangays in terms of the timely review of the annual plans and budgets by the appropriate councils through DILG Taguig City. (PNA)