MANILA – The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Monday filed criminal charges against a firm that allegedly promised employment in Italy in exchange for up to PHP180,000 placement fees.
This was after 48 individuals from Cavite and Batangas filed a complaint with the assistance of the NBI against Alpha Assistenza SLR officials before the Department of Justice (DOJ).
Several applicants who paid the firm have claimed that the Italian authorities subsequently rejected their visa applications because of fake “nulla osta” or work permits provided by Alpha Assistenza.
Last month, Senator Raffy Tulfo filed a resolution seeking an inquiry into the illegal recruitment schemes that victimized many Filipinos looking for employment in Italy.
Under his Senate Resolution 816, Tulfo said the Alpha Assistenza, headed by Filipino co-CEOs Krizelle Respicio and Frederick Dutaro, charged the victims with exorbitant placement and consultancy fees for jobs that turned out to be non-existent.
Tulfo said some of the victims admitted that they paid by as much as 5,780 euros (PHP347,140) each.
The Philippine Embassy in Italy has alerted the Public Prosecutors Office in Rome, the SUI, the Questura and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. (PNA)