MANILA – The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Friday said the number of reported deaths from the magnitude 6.8 earthquake that rocked Sarangani Davao Occidental on Nov. 17 has climbed to 11.
In its latest disaster bulletin, the agency said the number includes one from Davao Region and 10 in Soccsksargen.
The lone fatality from Davao Region has been validated while those from Soccsksargen are still being validated, it added.
The agency also reported that four have been injured due to the quake, all from the Davao Region.
Still undergoing confirmation are 33 injured -- two in Davao Region and 31 in Soccsksargen.
A total of 19,146 families or 92,396 persons in 122 barangays in Davao Region and Soccsksargen have so far been affected by the temblor.
No evacuation centers are active as of this time.
A total of 6,629 houses were damaged by the earthquake -- 6,297 in Soccsksargen and 332 in Davao Region.
The total damage to infrastructure caused by the tremor has reached PHP723.2 million in the two regions. (PNA)